問題: Is there a difference between where you meet friends now and where you used to meet them in the past?
思路 1
Yes, there is a difference
Now I usually meet friends in cafes, restaurants, or shopping malls because it’s more convenient and comfortable.
我現在通常在咖啡館、餐廳或購物中心和朋友見面,因為這樣比較方便和舒適。
In the past, when I was younger, I used to meet friends at school, in parks, or at each other’s homes.
過去,當我年輕的時候,我常常在學校、公園或彼此家裡與朋友見面。
As I’ve grown older, I have more money to spend and more freedom to choose different places.
隨著我年紀漸長,我有更多錢可以花,也有更多自由選擇不同的地方。
Nowadays, public places like coffee shops are popular for socializing.
現今,像咖啡店這樣的公共場所很受歡迎,成為社交的好去處。
When I was a student, we didn’t have much money, so we met in free places like parks.
當我還是學生的時候,我們沒有很多錢,所以我們就在像公園這樣的免費場所見面。
I still prefer meeting friends at home or in parks, just like before.
My close friends and I have always liked quiet places, so our meeting spots haven’t changed much.
我親密的朋友和我一直都喜歡安靜的地方,所以我們的聚會地點並沒有太大改變。
Some traditions, like meeting at someone’s house for dinner, have stayed the same.
Even though there are more options now, I feel most comfortable in familiar places.
儘管現在有更多選擇,我仍覺得在熟悉的地方最為安心。
It depends on which friends I’m meeting—old friends from school, we still meet in the same places, but with new friends, we try trendy spots.
這取決於我見的是哪些朋友——老朋友是學校的,我們仍然在同樣的地方見面,但與新朋友見面時,我們會嘗試時尚的地點。
The weather or the occasion can also affect where we meet.
Sometimes we meet online now, which wasn’t possible in the past.
問題: Is there a difference between where you meet friends now and where you used to meet them in the past?
A blast from the past: Something that reminds you of an earlier time.
Old stomping grounds: Places you used to spend a lot of time at.
Times have changed: Things are different now compared to before.