问题: Is there a difference between where you meet friends now and where you used to meet them in the past?
思路 1
Yes, there is a difference
Now I usually meet friends in cafes, restaurants, or shopping malls because it’s more convenient and comfortable.
现在我通常在咖啡馆、餐厅或购物中心见朋友,因为这样更方便和舒服。
In the past, when I was younger, I used to meet friends at school, in parks, or at each other’s homes.
在过去,我年轻的时候,常常在学校、公园或彼此的家中与朋友见面。
As I’ve grown older, I have more money to spend and more freedom to choose different places.
随着年龄的增长,我有了更多的钱可以花,也有更多的自由选择不同的地方。
Nowadays, public places like coffee shops are popular for socializing.
如今,像咖啡店这样的公共场所很受欢迎,人们常在那里社交。
When I was a student, we didn’t have much money, so we met in free places like parks.
当我还是学生时,我们没有多少钱,所以我们在公园等免费地方见面。
I still prefer meeting friends at home or in parks, just like before.
My close friends and I have always liked quiet places, so our meeting spots haven’t changed much.
我和我的亲密朋友们一直喜欢安静的地方,所以我们的聚会地点没有太大变化。
Some traditions, like meeting at someone’s house for dinner, have stayed the same.
Even though there are more options now, I feel most comfortable in familiar places.
It depends on which friends I’m meeting—old friends from school, we still meet in the same places, but with new friends, we try trendy spots.
这取决于我见的是哪些朋友——老同学,我们还是在同样的地方见面,但和新朋友,我们会尝试时尚的地方。
The weather or the occasion can also affect where we meet.
Sometimes we meet online now, which wasn’t possible in the past.
问题: Is there a difference between where you meet friends now and where you used to meet them in the past?
A blast from the past: Something that reminds you of an earlier time.
Old stomping grounds: Places you used to spend a lot of time at.
Times have changed: Things are different now compared to before.